1. Where has the Comic Kickers and Raphael been all these musically dry years?
Dreaming of becoming bigger than the Guns. Then one day we stopped dreaming and took the first step to becoming it. It all just fell into place after that decision, the other members of the band, the manager, the gigs. It all just came together like a huge puzzle.
2. All the members are ‘newbie’s’, yet so talented?
Yup. Some of us like Selene the bassist and Ferin the drummer played for small garage bands or at parties and stuff like that. But yeah, it ‘s the first time in the big leagues for all of us.
3. Where did you learn to play and sing?
I had a music teacher for a few days when I was younger, but he let me know in very few words that I should rather take up football. So it was basically watching other bands like the Guns play, copying them and playing night after night. Drove me Mum mad.
4. From the first gig, you had sold out shows, why do you think that is?
I suppose our Manager Zoë is just so awesome. From the start, she picked the perfect places for us and packed it to the brim with eager ears.
5. You seem to play a gig or two and then disappear for a few weeks and then bam, you are back again. Where do you disappear to and why don’t you play week after week? That is what the people want.
We work on our music constantly. We like to take trips to weird places and just get back to the basics of it, you know what I mean. Then we get back and satisfy our fans again with some more magic. We just have other stuff to do you know. For now.
6.What can be more important than playing your music and making it big?
There are important things in this life that you have to attend to, things that matter.
The earth, we are killing her with all the pollution, destroying of resources and killing of the animals. The humans need to learn that they are wrong, that they are going to kill everything. If everything is dead, there will be no music.
The Humans, are you not human?
Of course, I am. I mean us, we all have to wake up and start building a better future for all of us.
7. So you have an environmental agenda as well, don’t you think every star is jumping on that wagon now?
I ‘m not a star, not yet anyway. And why not? If you are famous and got the bucks use it wisely, rather fight for what is right than sniff it up your nose.
8. So you don’t do drugs then?
Hey, we smoke the occasional green stuff but that is it. You need to be on your guard always. Be alert to what is happening around you. You can’t be flying off on some cloud to Neverland.
Why do you have to be alert, there aren’t many dangers threatening you or the band?
No of course not. Hmm, It’s just, life is a battle, you have to be alert for the next opportunity or the next dirtbag trying to take what you have earned, from you. This business is cut-throat, as you know.
9. You seem to have gathered a few of those dirtbags among your fans. I believe you were all arrested for a bar fight with some bikers or something?
They started it and not all of us were in jail and it was only for a few hours. The club manager vouched for us. We are now close friends with the bikers. You just need to get to know some people in a bit more special way.
10. Well, you are a rock band, I would expect a bit of rowdiness, otherwise, you are just fakers. Right? It was absolutely awesome to chat with you Raph. Is there a special message you would like to tell all your fans and soon to be fans out there?
You must find that being inside, for which you are prepared to die for, fight and find your path in the world. Believe in you in your dreams and in your destiny.
There you have it if you are a fan of the Cosmic Kickers and Raphael, believe in who you are and hold your thumbs and toes for the awards ceremony.
You can learn more about Raphael and The Cosmic Kickers at www.readarach.com